Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD watchdog.sys

• Please log in to reply

Andro

Andro

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Hi!

When I watch videos on YouTube I usually get blue screen with watchdog.sys error. Whole video freezes and computer stops working while BSOD appears. Below is WhoCrashed report....tnx for your help!

System Information (local)

computer name: JUD-03F4AE0B207
windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 5.1, build: 2600
windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 2145820672 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2030387200

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 2/3/2012 0:10:16 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x8E (0xFFFFFFFFE0000001, 0xFFFFFFFFB8398925, 0xFFFFFFFFB2E55400, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Conclusion

1 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

unknown

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
This is probably due to your video card and its driver, either update it to the latest, also check if you have the latest flash player installed it either does not help you can try this that has helped many with a similar problem.

Start a video on youtube and before it freezes right click on the video playing and choose properties. This will open the properties of the f;ash player, uncheck the box where it says "enable harware acceleration" save and close.

Hope this will help

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Additionally - is there only the ONE crash dump.

That MAY indicate that you have deleted other crash dump files, OR there is a severe lack of free space on the hard drive.
From a previous thread on THIS computer I think.

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 232,88 Gb Total Space | 5,44 Gb Free Space | 2,34% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Alzeimer
Apologies for the interjection.

Andro
I will leave the matter with my colleague Alzeimer. You are in good hands.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
@Alzeimer: I updated my video card drivers to the latest version...I checked for the Flash player and I have the latest update...I also unchecked that box...seems it works...I watched some videos on YouTube and all is fine for now...Thank you very much for this...

@Macboatmaster: There were couple of crash dumps and happened from time to time....True...it was a severe lack of free space on this computer from a previous thread...I deleted all files and uninstall all programs which I didn't need in that time so now I have half of all space free...Thank you too...

I appreciate help from both of you...in case BSOD will appear again I will inform you in next days!

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Hello...

Just wanna let you know that I can watch videos on YouTube normally. After updating video card drivers and unckecking the box "enable hardware acceleration" I didn't notice any errors.

Thanks 4 all your help once again ;)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Thanks for posting the result
The update is always appreciated.
Good luck with it.