Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless dropout

• Please log in to reply

rriche

rriche

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi Geeks To Go..
I am experiencing regular internet wireless dropout. I have recently had a full viral/malware cleanout directed by a Geeks To Go professional.
I currently operate 2 desk top comps, laptop and iphones all from the wireless feed but only experience the drop out on this computer. It seems to be about 20 min every time yet I have experienced on the rare day where it does not drop out.
It was running fine until I tried to update the Netgear driver and since then it has been an issue. When dropout occurs...I merely disengage the Neatgear adapter..re plug-in and all will be well for another 20 min.
I have unchecked power management boxes for all root hubs..replaced the Netgear adapter..looked for driver updates all to no avail..
Frustrated and lost..your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Please advise what specific system information you may require to assist with analysis.
Basic Info:
Windows XP
ADSL2 Internet feed
Modem: 2Wire 2701HGV-W
NETGEAR WG111v2

Kind regards
Richard

Advertisements

rriche

rriche

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi Geeks To Go..
I would like to cancel this request for assistance...
I have worked out a solution to this problem...
For your info...
I transfered the control of the network connection away from the Netgear program and let the Microsoft system handle the network connection..
All is running well with no drop-out occuring and actually a more improved/stronger connection beimg found.
I'm back...
Yahoooooooo