Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer wont stop shutting down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kimberae

kimberae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Emachine running windows xp professional. Turns on, gives me an error message then asks me how to stat windows....I tell it what to do, it goes to windows xp like its loading and then for a tenth of a second an error message appears on a blue screen and the computer shuts down. Can't read the error message it goes so fast. Then the computer automatically turns back on and repeats the whole process. Only stops doing this if I manually shut it down at the tower. I have told it to start normally and in all other modes.....nothing works. Even tried unplugging it to see if that would help. Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Tap on F8 to get to the Advanced Menu. Select "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Let the computer boot. Write down the contents of the error messages and post them in your next reply.