Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

building a new comp

• Please log in to reply

Karl Zejdlik

Karl Zejdlik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I build PC's 24/7

this one i have a 500 watt power supply... if anything it is + 50 more watts but for now since i am not sure .. i'll stick with it being 500 watt power supply.

given what i have, ( power supply and a Box with a hard drive keyboard and mouse). what is the best hardware i can use to make this comp work to the best of its ability.

id appreciate it very much so that when you tell me what to use let me know exactly what i need so i can look up the part from new egg or amazon, or if you know of a better place with low prices. let me know that aswell

go big as you can! i want to make this PC the best it can possibly be with the current power supply

and then if you guys have the patience let me know what i can make with a small budget in mind.. and the same computer in mind

Just make sure most games like the Battle Field Series + most of the new games out there like statecraft 2 and Skrym. and so on.. can be played maybe on medium graphics levels.

Please help .. if i get good help i'll donate to the site + i'll donate to the most helpful person that gives the best good working advice in this whole project. i assume you guys run of advertising and donations... if i like a site i always donate. so hopefully you will accept a donation..

SORRY ABOUT MY GRAMMER hopefully you will still be able to understand..

also if you have paypal.. ill be able to slip you a few bucks of you can help me out..

But keep in mind, telling me i need a g card and processor is worthless.. show me a processor that will actually work in my box and also make a link from the page to the very item that is for sale.. i prefer Amazon or New egg...

keep in mind if you don't have paypal.. you will have to send me a address to your home or something like that.. so get paypal its not hard.. And then i can help you guys out in many good ways!!!!

SO PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi Karl, Posted Image

Posted Image Free Help from Tech Experts
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteers serve up answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts, including malware removal and how-to guides and tutorials. Converse about Windows 7, get system building advice or download files... Go to forums >>

Most of us do not ask for a donation, We do like to see a topic finished off and a thank you.

What brand and model of PSU do you have?\

What box do you have?

What model and size HDD do you have?

What monitor will you be using?

What OS do you have, OEM or Retail licience?

The video card uses the most power from the PSU, so it will determine how good a card you can install.

You need to give us a $$ budget, how much are you going to spend?