Trojans and Catalyst Control Centre issues (Reopened) [Closed]
Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:26 AM
Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:45 PM
Download http://unetbootin.so...dows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net.../xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computer
- Insert your USB drive
- Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
- Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
- Press Run then OK
- It will install a little bootable OS on your USB
- After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
- Download the following tool and save it inside the bootableUSB
- Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
- Boot the Sick computer
- Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
- Follow the prompts
- A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
- Press File
- Expand mnt
- sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
- sdb1 is likely your USB
- Press Tool at the top
- Choose Open Terminal
- In the open terminal window, type in the following:
- Press "Enter" and let it run uninterrupted.
(The program lists available Restore Points and will save a report enum.log located in the USB drive.)
- The program is finished when it say's "Done".
- Type "Exit" to close the terminal window.
- Please attached the enum.log file in your reply. (You may remove your USB drive when transferring log to a clean computer).
Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:18 PM
Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:35 PM
Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:19 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:27 AM
2. Windows 7 64bit RC
3. Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64
Extract wintoboot to your desktop
Insert a USB drive of at least 4GB
Drag and drop the Windows 7 ISO to the programme in the space indicated
Tick the Format box and accept the warnings
Press Do It
You will see it progressing
It will let you know when it is done
Then copy FRST to the same USB
Insert the USB into the sick computer and start the computer
When you reboot you will see this although yours will say windows 7. Click repair my computer
Select your operating system
Select Command prompt
At the command prompt type the following :
notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]
Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:42 PM
When I try to run the flask drive on the damaged computer I keep getting the message "Could not find kernel image: linux"
Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:35 AM
Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:37 PM
I'm actually uncertain of what you're referring to. I downloaded the files to a flash drive as stated in post #23. When I inserted this flash drive into the infected computer the only way I could get it to open the flash drive was to hit F12 and select to use USB input. This is the point where it repeatedly showed that Linux message. Am I missing something?
Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:03 PM
And was it a clean install on the USB i.e. it was a formated stick
Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:20 PM
I deleted everything from the drive before I added those 3 files. I'll try reformatting another drive to see if it makes a difference.
Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:25 PM
Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:07 PM
After that it shows a few messages and then says "Operating System not found."
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users