Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error 2:c:\minint\system 32\restore log missing

• Please log in to reply

rstowell

rstowell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Tried to run recovery disk. after F11 and "R" for recovery options received this message "error 2:c:\minint\system 32\restore log missing". Ran avast in safe mode and deleted what it found but still can't run recovery disk. any Ideas?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo

Please provide the make and FULL model of the computer.

Please also confirm that the operating system is XP and is it Home or Professional

It seems that this is a branded computer and you are attempting to restore from the CD that came with the computer is that correct.

What is the problem please that is making this necessary.

Many branded computers have both a recovery partition on the hard drive AND are provided with a reinstallation CD as well.

More detail is needed please before we can offer meaningful advice.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
rstowell

It is now some six days since you joined GeekstoGo and asked for help.
Do you still require help, or have you solved the problem.

Please do update your thread.
Thank you

Lyssianna

Lyssianna

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The original poster may not be replying, but I will... I have the exact same problem! I have the operating system recovery disk, but I am getting error2:c\minint\system32\restore.log missing every time I try to run it via alt f11, at boot up. When I try to run the disk using the instructions printed on the disk, it will not run at all. My system is a gateway gt4024 with windows xp service pack 3. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer with this problem :)

Lyssianna

Lyssianna

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just an FYI for anyone else who may be having the same problem I did (when I tried to use the operating system restore disk); I found another blog that had a pretty good answer and a link connected to it. When I followed the links I found out that the problem was actually that I was pressing f11, which initiates a hard drive recovery, not the operating system recovery :/. Instead of pressing alt f11, when prompted in the boot up screen, press just r. I hope this helps someone else too ;)

For anyone who may be interested, the link that I found is:

http://answers.micro...e4-19fbb770888d

Edited by Lyssianna, 21 August 2012 - 11:34 PM.

Lyssianna

Lyssianna

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Looks like I am back to sqaure one, the error still keeps popping up, which is really irritating because I can see the screen that I need, but it wont let me interact with it :(