Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable error.

• Please log in to reply

Sophie King

Sophie King

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
Today I brought a new 1GB graphics card which I am having trouble installing on Windows 7.
I have tried running in Administrator mode, nope.
I have tried going into the Administrator account and installing, no luck.
It gets stuck on installing Microsoft C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable at about 80% of the way, I have tried cleaing up my .Net framework and it still doesn't work. I tried installing the Microsoft C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable manually from Microsoft.
The graphics card requires 400 watts but I only have 300 but I don't understand why this would prevent me installing. My computer is Windows 7 64 bit, Pentium dual core.
The graphics card is:
http://www.amazon.co...28898468&sr=8-5

Edited by Sophie King, 10 February 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Advertisements

Sophie King

Sophie King

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Figured this out myself, the drivers on the disk don't work. I downloaded the most up-to-date drivers from the ATI website, installed perfectly fine.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Sophie King
I am happy that you resolved the issue yourself, well done to you for that and thank you for posting the solution so that it may help others in the future.

A cautionary note;

The graphics card requires 400 watts but I only have 300 but I don't understand why this would prevent me installing.

Using an underpowered PSU can have dramatic consequences so it is vital that you do not do so, add on video cards can be very demanding power wise so they deprive other components such as the CPU, Ram and HDD which results in them being stressed which can cause them to fail, below is a video showing what happens to a PSU that is not fit for purpose and remember 400W is the Minimum the card requires so a more powerful quality PSU would be better/safer

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you are guaranteed to experience random crashes/hangs using a underpowered psu...
the people that build those video cards want you to use them without problems...that why they put specs out so you do not have issues if you just follow their specs...
BTW...
Hi Sophie King ... :wave: ..:welcome: