Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - Vista 32 Bit with KASPERSKY IS 2012 <help :)>

• Please log in to reply

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, my name is perdfa from indonesia,

i just restore to factory settings my sony vaio sz48gn intel core duo 2 GB ram Vista 32 bit laptop.

I have KIS 2012 installed.

I have just experienced BSOD with klif.sys.

any solutions...?

thank you sooo much

so sorry and many thank you's

This is the analysis from whocrash app

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: KHAWARIZMI-PC
windows version: Windows Vista , 6.0, build: 6000
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 2136408064 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2020499456

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 2/11/2012 12:19:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini021112-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x26F858)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF81E6F858, 0xFFFFFFFFB3C03BEC, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2/11/2012 12:19:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1E)
Bugcheck code: 0x8E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF81E6F858, 0xFFFFFFFFB3C03BEC, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .
Google query: ntkrpamp.exe KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ntkrpamp.exe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this is from blue screen viewer (the first 3 entries were marked pink by blue screen viewer software)

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   195.64KB   113 downloads

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi kungfupanda
Uninstall Kaspersky using the correct removal tool http://support.kaspe.../?qid=208279463 (you can always reinstall it later).
Install either Avast (free) or MSE (free) see http://www.geekstogo...yware-software/

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello philpower2, thank you very much for your reply....

ummm, I just bought the kaspersky license 3 days ago.... is there any way I can solve the BSOD problem without having to change antivirus...?

thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi kungfupanda
As you have purchased a licence I suggest that you try a different approach.
Make sure that you are not connected to the internet, disable Kaspersky then apart from connecting to the internet use your computer as you would normally, let us know if you get any BSOD, don`t forget to re-enable your AV software first if it is the same computer that you are using to communicate with us.

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi phil, thank you so much for your reply...

i've decided to do a clean reinstall to my laptop (since i just did it a week ago anw) (windows vista 6.0.0). after that i went straight to update my vista to SP 2 now, and no BSOD anymore :D yeay.

however, svchost.exe is hogging my CPU now it takes around 200-300 mb, and makes my laptop slow... (which is the same case that happened a year ago, my laptop always decide to be super slow when i update to SP 2, even tho when i leave it at vista 6.0.0 its totally okay)

ive updated all important and recommended vista update...

what kind of data should i attach here?

and also, should i make a new thread?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi kungfupanda, lets look at optimising the performance of your notebook now starting with a PCPitstop diagnostic;

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop instructions :thumbsup:

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello everyone, thank you for your reply...

i am sorry it took me this long to get back to reply here...

i've just did another clean format (again) of my windows due to some problems, there is no BSOD anymore now... (yeay!)

i have another problem however, when i did the perfmon/report i've got a warning that said "failure to load VxD driver"

When i checked device manager -> disk drive, i have my internal HD (fujitsu), a memorystick0 device, and a sony USB HS-CARD usb device
when i checked portable devices -> there are microsoft WPD filesystem volume driver and USB HS-Card, both with yellow exclamation marks.

all the drivers are up to date

below is my pcpitstop link

http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=24802519

i'd like to ask what can i do to fix it...?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi,

all the drivers are up to date

Not according to your last reply!

Your PCPitstop url does not work, highlight the address at the top of the PCPitstop summary page, right click on the highlighted address and then copy paste the address into your next reply.

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi philpower, as always thank you for your reply...

idk why the link doesnt work for you... i think i posted the right link but to clarify... i've attached an image showing that the link to my pcpitstop result...

is that the right link...?

2) i've clicked the update driver software on device manager already... and windows told me the driver is up to date for both wpd filesystem volume driver and usb hs-card... but the yellow exclamation mark is still there...

any things i should attach or do?

thank youuu

:cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• this link.jpg

Edited by kungfupanda, 21 February 2012 - 04:37 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Sorry no that is still not the correct url!
Here is an example of what we need http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24758773

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi phil... thank you for the swift reply as always...

i dont get it...

1) the link you posted to me...
2) is my link

1) http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24758773

2) http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24802519

only the numbers next to the equal sign is different... and ive tried to open my own link from other people internet as well, and it works...

i wonder why it doesnt work when you open it...

any alternative way i can do to be able to show you my pcpitstop result?

or you can just log in from my pcpitstop account, ill send you through PM..

also, i'd like to ask you... what should i do with my wpd filesystem driver and hs-usb card driver...?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi kungfupanda

Your #2 url works where as your previous links did not <_<

Please return to the PCPitstop results and address the first 5 items that have a red X against them, if you hover the cursor over the item you will be given a description of the issue and if you click on it you will be instructed how to correct the problem, post back when you have done this.

kungfupanda

kungfupanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi phil....

im using windows 7 now >___<

sooo no problem here...

thank you for your help

cheers

phillpower2

phillpower2