Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photosmart 2410 Can't scan without a color cartridge?

• Please log in to reply

Redwolf1951

Redwolf1951

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Color cartridge missing. Have black cartridge installed. Error message continues--install color cartridge. I want to scan. Can I override the error message so I can scan? Hitting the scan button does nothing. Error message about missing color ink cartridge continues. I don't have an extra( or old ) cartridge to install in the color slot.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Redwolf1951
Will the printer let you scan the doc to the PC manually, it may be button 3 or button 10 on the printer panel.
I had a similar problem with a C4480 model when a colour cartridge was low on ink and if I remember correctly I could scan to PC manually but print in neither colour or black, I hope it works for you.

Redwolf1951

Redwolf1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I can do nothing manually, since the error message about the missing color cartridge continues. Buttons for scan, fax, e-mail, copy, photo, etc---no button engages anything. Thanks for your reply.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Sorry that didn`t work, I will see if I can find a solution for you elsewhere.

Not sure what OS you are running but see; http://h10025.www1.h...&product=303753

Or;
To set the Scan options, you have to open HP Director and actually set the scan destinations

Edited by phillpower2, 11 February 2012 - 12:04 PM.
Link added.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Yeah, I think the printer expects to see a cartridge, via the electrical contacts on each cartridge, or it will not pass its self test, and continue on. Have you tried scanning from the computer? I note your manual says you can do this but you must have the HP software that came with the device to do this. With your next All-in-one, get one that is already network ready as then, you can simply log in the internal web-menu and tell it to scan.

Redwolf1951

Redwolf1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for your suggestions.

Redwolf1951

Redwolf1951

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Looking for the software disc. Thanks.