Edited by amkiiu, 13 February 2012 - 08:07 AM.
system doeznt boot [Solved]
Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:05 AM
Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:17 PM
If you have resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please let me know so that this topic can be closed.
I am currently still in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert so please expect a delay between my posts.
Please make sure you are saving and printing the instructions out prior to each fix, this way you will have them on hand just in case you are unable to access this site. One of the steps I will be asking you to do requires you to boot into Safe Mode and this process will be much easier for you to perform if the instructions are printed out for you to follow.
If you are ready to get started, please review and follow these guidelines so that we resolve your issues in a timely and effective manner:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instructions that I give you. Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. These instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. However, the one thing that you should always do, is to make sure your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Just do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file inside your post and submit.
- You must reply within four days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic. PM me only if I have not responded to your last post in 2 days.
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to ultimately reformat your hard drive and reinstall the operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Please have the software and storage media for backing up your data available.
Are you able to get into safe mode with networking or not?
What happened leading up to this when it was working? Had it been working fine until the recent attack or were there symptoms of malware earlier?
Do you have another computer we can use to download files? If so what is the operating system (i . e. XP, Vista, Windows 7)
Do you have a small USB flash drive to transfer files?
Do you have some blank CD's to make CD's on the good machine?
Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:02 AM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:16 AM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:38 AM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:05 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users