Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD and REWRITE drives not recognized

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I am receiving a message when I insert disk into DVD Rom Drive or ReWrite Drive - please put disk in drive and try again. However, the disk is already in the drive. So not sure what to do.

Just had new power supply put in machine as fan was going bad. Don't see how that would affect the rom drives.

Can anyone give me any suggestions what I can do to activate these drives?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I think a good place to start would be to check the cable connections on the dvd/cd drives. Make sure the power connections are pushed all the way in. Also take a look at the device manager. Do these devices have a yellow ! on them?

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Have already done all you suggested - guess will have to get a tech out to my house because further problems are now developing - PC will boot up first time after being turned off but further boots will cause it to hang up at the windows log on screen. Sooooo guess will have to get a tech guy here. Thanks for trying to help. Appreciate your time and effort.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
almost sounds heat related....when the new psu was placed, were all the fans properly reconnected?

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
As far as I know they were - but might take the cover off and check inside at the fans - if I can tell what I am doing. Not too PC literate in this category. Thanks again for the tip - will follow through and see wht I can discover.