Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser problem on Dell Latitude

• Please log in to reply

beep9362

beep9362

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
When I I have installed Firefox 8.0.1, FF just does not look or load the same as before, Also webpages look weird on IE. I am missing colours and logos. Just have boxes. I have done System Restore several times, re-installed version 3.6.13 FF, checked everything, neither Malwarebytes not Superantispyware finds anything. I have KIS always running. Windows XP is with SP3.

What I have found in the meantime, Windows updated without my permission the Netframework (no wonder Dell didn't let me check anything for hours, I am on dial-up), Also I lost the Firefox pdf reader/printer.
Now for some reason I have a Microsoft XPS document writer, that I never had before and did not even know about it, I want my old FF PDF reader back. I cannot go back in System Restore far enough, for some reason they all disappeared beyond 4 weeks.

I have checked all settings in IE and FF all versions I installed, re-installed, nothing changes. It is very confusing, what I see, and already slow connections are even slower,
jpg attached.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Advertisements

beep9362

beep9362

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
p.s.
I can't see my attachment, wonder what happened.