Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clean boot to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

badcarma

badcarma

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I wanted to upgrade my HP Notebook from Vista to Windows 7, so a person at HP tech told me that I should do a clean boot since I had Vista 32 bit and wanted Windows 7 64 bit. The problem that I have now since the clean boot it cleaned the information on my bios to where when I start my laptop up it says that the serial number is missing and in the bios it says non-Vista which means I can't go back to vista even if I wanted to!

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can edit the bios to show my serial number and product number?

Badcarma

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
By clean boot, do you mean a clean install? Two different things. What exactly did you do.

Also, nothing you did for "clean boot" would mess with your BIOS so thee is something else going on here.