Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook Groups disabled ONLY on this computer - Help?

• Please log in to reply

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Ok so this is a bizarre facebook problem i've had for about a week now.

When I'm logged into facebook on my personal computer, it no longer lists me as being in any groups. When I visit the page of any of the groups I'm in, it acts as if I'm not in the group (box to click to reqest to join, cannot post etc.). However, if I check the members list for the group, I'm still listed as being in it. Requesting to join the group again has no effect and I cannot be removed from the group, even by admins of the group. It simply comes up with a message saying: "User cannot be removed beccause they are not a member of this group". Now the really confusing part for me comes from the fact that if I log into facebook from my housemates laptop, all of my groups are back and I'm able to post in them.

This really doesn't make much sense to me since you'd think that if it was just something messing up on my computer, admins would be able to remove me from the group. But they can't. I've tried disabling Avast antivirus and switching to a different browser, neither of which helped.

I've reported this to facebook a number of times but, big surprise, got no response. I'm honestly at my wits end with this, it may not seem like a big deal but it's very important for the running of the university societies and projects I'm in that I'm able to access these features :/

I haven't been able to find any information on this at all so far so would really appreciate some help, it started around a week ago but I have no idea what the cause is. If there's any information needed please let me know. I can also includea picture of how it appears for me if that would help.

Thankyou.

Advertisements