Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

address bar

• Please log in to reply

spectre9011

spectre9011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, i am using internet explorer to browse the internet. recently websites that i have viewed are not going away from the browser's address bar, even when i clear history and the temporary folder including offline items and cookies. i believe some sort of virus may be causing the problem. What can i do to rectify this?

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
This is a known bug in Internet Explorer. Try this:

1. In IE, go to "Tools", then "Internet Options"
2. Click the "Content" tab, then press the "Autocomplete" button in the middle
3. Hit "Clear Forms", then "Yes" to confirm

You can also have Ie not save web addresses, forms, and/or user name and passwords on forms. Just uncheck the correct box.

Around here, we reccomend you using a alternative browser such as Mozilla Firefox. This will end the problems with the strange bugs in Internet Explorer as well as greatly reduce the number of security risks.