Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse/Software? issue.

• Please log in to reply

l3th4l

l3th4l

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Oh hai there, once again I'm asking for your help. PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000 CPU
4GB ram
64bit Win 7 enterprise edition
Random cheap a4 tech mouse
Asus radeon hd 4850 gpu
A new random PSU 500W bought few days ago.
Ok so here is the issue, whenever I'm in game my mouse starts to lag/freeze for few seconds when I'm in the middle of it (League of Legends, Call of Duty modern warfare 3). If I unplug keyboard, it stops to lag for some reason (Tried 2 keyboards). Sometimes when I turn on the computer it freezes like crazy, for 1-4~ seconds every 5~ seconds, I just restart the computer and everything works a-ok. Changed my PSU few days ago because the fan simply stopped spinning, another thing I fixed few days ago was some weird issue with my processor. PC would randomly turn off and sometimes it wouldn't turn on for few minutes, and I noticed that if I push the CPU fan a bit, my computer would start on. To fix the issue I just took heatsink,fan apart and put it back together, no random shutdowns for few days, but the mouse issue is really annoying especially when playing FPS games. Tried the keyboard/mouse combo on another computer that runs windows XP, there were no lags (heck, I didn't run games either because it uses onboard sis graphics). Fixes I've tried so far : Change usb slots, connect mouse to USB extender (Not sure why I thought that'd work), try to install newest chipset, GPU drivers, nothing worked. I don't mind buying a new mouse, but can someone explain me why it only starts to lag in the middle of games and why does it stop to lag if I unplug the keyboard, it really doesn't seem like a mouse issue? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section of forum, this seemed the most correct place to post it.

EDIT: The mouse lag would stay for 10~ minutes even after I stop playing the game, then after those 10~ minutes it'd disappear.

Edited by l3th4l, 25 February 2012 - 07:50 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

A new random PSU 500W bought few days ago

Always a big mistake using an inferior quality PSU, provide a link to your recent purchase.

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm pretty positive it's not the PSU, same used to happen with the old one. But here is the link : http://www.kilobaita..._403&ID=383915. The website is in Lithuanian, but you should understand everything pretty easy.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi l3th4l
Unfortunately your link does not work!

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
http://www.fortakas....L_225&ID=422260 Hmm, don't know why. This should work.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I cannot find any informative information on your PSU and so cannot say how good (or bad) that it may be.
What I can say is that the specs that I found for your video card state that a PSU with a Minimum 450W output is required to support the card, a 500W PSU does not give you much headroom and that is assuming it is supplying good, clean and stable power!

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions courtesy of happyrock :thumbsup:

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Ehh, sorry for the late reply, I keep forgetting to check the forum. http://i.imgur.com/7hLHi.png This is the speedfan screen, hope you don't mind I didn't cut it out of desktop. Used to keep speedfan on at all times when using PC when it would shut down for no reason, no high temp changes (Only later I found out it wasn't heat related..).

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No worries we all have other things going on in life.
No problems with your Speedfan readings, I would check them again after gaming or watching a video and if you get the lag post us the readings again, I suggest checking your HDD now - see below;

Run the HDDs diagnostics tool;

Make sure you select the tool that is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Depending on the program it'll create a bootable floppy or a bootable CD.
If the downloaded file is the .iso type use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn the .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option) and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba then unfortunately you're out of luck because Toshiba do not provide a diagnostic tool - use the Hitachi tool instead.

l3th4l

l3th4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Ehh... The problem just magically disappeared for some reason. Every time I post something on forums the problem disappears or I find out how to solve it myself, I'll revive the thread if it start happening again. Thanks for the help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Ehh... The problem just magically disappeared for some reason.
Every time I post something on forums the problem disappears
This quite often happens.

or I find out how to solve it myself,
Don`t forget to post any solutions so they can help others :thumbsup:

I'll revive the thread if it start happening again. Thanks for the help.
No worries but try the HDD testing I suggested first