Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics cards

• Please log in to reply

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Got it today. Started checking out the cables from the psu and i have a query
My old PSU has a cable coming out of it that goes into the motherboard. It goes into
ATX 12V power connector which is a female that takes 4 pins.
If it is labelled it might be on the link i sent you for the motherboard. (number 2)
There is not a cable coming from the new PSU that would plug into that.
Everything else would be fine but that power connector would be empty.
I don't know what to do now, can;t seem to find any vids on installation.
Will wait to see if you have any ideas.

Advertisements

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Just checked that link and it is the square 4 pin slot at the top right just below the orange eSATAII connector.

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Not to worry. I rang novatech tech support and the Corsair had an 8 pin connector which i just had to put into the same slot the four pin
one was in. Did think about that but wasn't sure and didn't want to risk doing some damage.
Can't thank you enough for your help and recommendations. It is amazing now. I now have the graphics i thought i was getting when i
bought the original card. I can move about ingame on max settings without it all lagging and such like. :thumbsup:
I love this website :cheers:

Edited by Sking0, 02 March 2012 - 01:01 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
What can I say but :woot: :thumbsup:
We are happy that you are happy, thank you for choosing GTG and for allowing me to assist you :rockon: