Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itouch screen cracked.

• Please log in to reply

karinchi

karinchi

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
so my itouch screen cracked ....and its falling out piece by piece.
do apple store fix it for you?
and if they do how much is it to fix it?

who have cracked their itouch screen like majorly.
though it still works and touchalble, its crack's falling out piece by piece.
which is bad.
and soon wont be useable anymore.
soo i want to ask is it better to just buy a new one or just ask then to change the screen?

its a apple 4th generation 8gb - black

please give suggestions and if you have experiences with these sort of stuff please tell how you dealed with it.

Advertisements

NKGuy

NKGuy

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Don't quote me, but I believe apple does not repair broken screens. Of course I could be wrong. You can take it to an apple store and check. If not there are many DIY kits available on eBay that you can buy relatively cheap.

Trigonal

Trigonal

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Might be worth contacting them as it could be covered under warranty. I know a few of my friends were able to do this.

Another option is if you live in a city usually shopping malls have repair shops for iPhones and iPod screens (because as you could imagine it is really common to smash the screens unfortunately, I did it twice). Doing it through a vendor cost me $120 though unfortunately (iPhone).

OR you could do the risky version (which I would not recommend) and buy a screen off the net and replace it yourself, there are tutorials on the internet. Probably not the best option if you're not 100% confident. But always an option. I know a heap of people that have been able to do it by them self who I wouldn't exactly say have the best background in iPod.iPhone repairs :happy:

Good luck anyway. :thumbsup:

Also I realise this post is late, but it may be beneficial to future members :)

Edited by Trigonal, 23 July 2012 - 10:53 PM.

wildriver

wildriver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
If I were you, I rather buy a new one instead of replacing a new screen for your device. ;)