Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

google chrome question

• Please log in to reply

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Good morning

I have a dell studio 1558 laptop with a core i5 processor runnung windows 7( home premium
a few days back my girlfreind wanted to clear cookies and erase browsing history so she did (i hope thats all she did)
and ever since when we try to launch chrome the user settings control asks if we want to allow chrome to make changes if we click no it(chrome)does not launch if we click yes it launches and changes the screen reso;lution so everything is huge ,
so i go to control panel select change res adjust it to normal (APPLY/OK) its fine until i close and relaunch next time the process starts over again
we uninstalled chrome and reinstalled from google /still same/ uninstalled again and followed download link here and its still the same

any thoughts on what this could be
p.s. a couple weeeks ago i ran system restore to an earlier point in time as the computer was acting weird (i forget what was happening but i did it just to restore older settings

thank you
any help is greatly appreciated

edited i figured this out but now i have a small annoyance my daughter uses aol on my laptop i have disabled it from starting up during boot via ms config but it keeps turning itself back on everytime i restart it opens up no matter how many times i uncheck it in the star up menu tab (in ms config/startup) should i just uninstall and let her use it via aol.com ? if i do would my compuer boot faster without the bohemeth aol program on it

Edited by snowysdad43, 01 March 2012 - 05:14 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello!

Glad you got the first part of your issue worked out. This may help with the AOL startup issue:
Stop the AOL Desktop Software from starting automatically - AOL Help

Regards,

Ax