Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus GPU Display problems

• Please log in to reply

I Ash I UK

I Ash I UK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

So I just bought my PC in parts and I am attempting my first build. It went pretty smoothly bar a few minor problems I worked around.

I have one huge problem that I can't work out though. Everything runs fine when I have the PC running through HDMI on my TV, but the monitor I need the PC to run requires me to use a DVI-VGA cable. When I plug the DVI into the graphics card and into the back of the monitor it wont display anything. The PC turns on and all the fans run, but no display.

The graphics card is a Asus HD 6570 and my motherboard is a ASUS P8H67-M LE.

Its not the monitor causing the problem as it does not work with DVI-VGA on my TV either and its not the cable because I have tried 2 different cables, one of which is currently working on this PC.

Any advice on the situation would be great.

Thanks

Ash

Edit: Should probably add I have all the drivers installed for the graphics card too.

Edited by I Ash I UK, 02 March 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Advertisements

I Ash I UK

I Ash I UK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Bump. Problem is still here.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: I Ash I UK
I read through the Newegg feedback tab for the card and noticed that a few people reported this problem.
You could try using a D-Sub to DVI adapter http://www.google.co...ed=0CFIQ8gIwAA#