Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Input from Owners of 10k+ hdd's

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

h0dg1k1ll3r

h0dg1k1ll3r

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I'm currently in the process of building my first self built and am having trouble deciding on a primary hdd. I'm not going with a ssd, because it's common knowledge that ssd's wear out within a year or two. However, I have heard mixed reviews about fast (10k+ rpm) hdd's; some say they're junk, some say they're good. Here is my current build

NZXT Switch 810-removeable filters, closeable vents, full tower, bottom psu

ASUS Sabertooth 990fx AM3+

Zotac GTX 570 1.2gb

AMD FX 6100 6x3.3ghtz

2x4gb ddr3 1886 (not sure what brand)

Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200rpm sata iii secondary hdd

Primary hdd-not sure;see above but sata iii, 200-300 gb,

1gb wifi, built in; not sure what brand

LG bluray reader

If you have owned or do own a fast (10k+ rpm) hdd please tell me about it; ie how long, short review, model, what you use it for.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
h0dg1k1ll3r

You post the very same question albeit worded differently on March 2nd http://www.geekstogo...pm-hdds-needed/ and February 29th http://www.geekstogo...92#entry2126892

Duplicating topics is unhelpful and may lead to confusion if you receive conflicting guidance, this topic will be closed so please continue at your other thread, thank you for understanding.

Topic closed for duplication.