Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble Connecting to Websites

• Please log in to reply

yorozuya

yorozuya

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I've been having trouble connecting to some websites such as facebook. When I log on none of the buttons work and sometimes the page won't load at all. The same thing goes for geeks to go, I can log on just fine but when I tried to leave a message I got an error "internet explorer cannot display the webpage". ieframe.dll has appeared in the address bar of internet explorer and I think it could have something to do with the problem. Another problem I'm having is that I can't update windows or microsoft security essentials, the error I get is "80072ee2" could this be related?

I created this topic after being advised by happyrock to do so. My previous topic was here.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello,

The ieframe.dll issue can be caused by malware, so let's make sure you get an all clear on that first. I see you've used the Malware Forum in the past, so you probably know the procedure:

I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem.

Regards,

Ax

yorozuya

yorozuya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Sorry for taking so long to reply here's the log.

EDIT: Oops, I thought you said to post the log in this thread, I need to pay more attention.

Edited by yorozuya, 07 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.