Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

about yahoo messenger beta

• Please log in to reply

noel0302

noel0302

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi got a problem installing the yahoo messenger beta here are some of the problem i encounter while installing it " the procedure entry point shgetspecialfolderpatha could not be located in the dynamic link library shell32.dll and ypager.exe - entry point not found im using windows NT version 4 pls help me thanks in advance god bless!!!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
is suspect your problem is nt4

nt4 is really not intended for typical use, and it is no longer actively developed. To expect a beta version written for working in xp is, well, ambitious.

The shell32.dll file is going to be completely different, and I would not be surprised if the yahoo messenger beta takes advantage of some .Net function...and winnt does not support .Net completely