Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Motherboard should I buy?

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi
A few to consider http://www.freecloud...eproviders.net/

Hope you are having a pleasant night.

Thank you :thumbsup:
I have my feet up helping whoever I can by way of the wonderful world wide web :cool:

Just to add, in future you can check site safety ratings with http://www.mywot.com...martpctools.com

Edited by phillpower2, 22 March 2012 - 03:10 PM.
Link added.

Advertisements

Michelle K.

Michelle K.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi Thanks for the cloud.

As for the My Wot, I can't stand that site/company.

Their ethics are terrible.

After I stuck up for the company during a heated debate, I was roped into going to their forum via one of their owners to get my sites rated after I had already had a pretty fair rating from REAL visitors to my site.

I had supported My Wot for as long as it had been on my browser. The next thing I knew, I was attacked by the people on the forum when I asked them to rate my sites.

When I complained to the owner who told me to go there asking that she remove the comments & low ratings, she told me she couldn't & I should just talk nicely to them LOL

I tried that while still trying to defend myself, but things got worse. I was bullied & called names.

The only people on that forum with maybe the exception of a few people are immature teenagers or young adults who have no life & love the power they can get from causing pain to small companies. I thought their system was created so REAL visitors could rate people's sites. Those people are NOT real visitors. They sit there all day rating people's sites without even questioning any mistakes they may see. They look for the negative in anything & love to crush people.

My rating plunged by about 50%.

I posted my experience online & then other small businesses also started saying they experienced the SAME thing.

Had I just not listened to her, I would have had a decent rating via the people who had gone to my site just by natural SEO.

I of course ditched My Wot from my Fx & I now warn people of what they are really like. The only positive that came out of it was that I didn't know I needed a privacy policy page, so I got one put on there.

That's my story.

Take care

Michelle

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Ouch :(

Michelle K.

Michelle K.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
LOL, yeh.

I'm a firm believer you have to be even more ethical online than offline just b/c of the nature that everything is hidden & there's no brick & mortar.

Have a great day!

Michelle

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I agree always be safe and not sorry.
Take care :thumbsup: