Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grabbee plus software problem

• Please log in to reply

barneyhelper

barneyhelper

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

I purchase a Star Tech SVID2USB2 VHS to CD convertor recently and cannot get the video file created by the software application to burn to disk. The device came with two CD's and an instruction manual that only refers to one of the CD's that contains the application software setup and the driver setup. The device itself is manufactured in Taiwan and the application and driver software are from Videohome in Taiwan. I double checked to make sure that the setup files for the application (Grabbee +) and the driver were the latest versions when I installed them.

When converting a VHS tape to digital (MPEG2 format) file on the harddrive there is no problem, but when trying to burn the file to disk with the Windows Media Player portion of the application it asks for you to insert a blank CD in the DVD burner and then doesn't recognize the disk when inserted in the drive.

Very fustrating when there are no instructions for actually using the application, only setup instructions.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Advertisements

barneyhelper

barneyhelper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Problem solved. The Grabbee software (application & driver) CD installation was apparently corrupted. I uninstalled the Grabbee application and drivers and used the second CD shipped with the device to install a different application from Presto with drivers. It installed (without the USB device plugged in) two software programs and the drivers without a problem. Works great for converting VHS tapes to DVD and has a .PDF manual on the CD that is well done for instructions on how to install and use the converting software.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution.