Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't send some email using Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I use Thunderbird. I am running XP SP3. My ISP is Verizon FIOS broad band. There are 2 account on my computer. Everything has been fine for months, but today, for no apparent reason, I tried forwarding an email and it failed. I am still receiving email just fine.

I get the following error messages:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.ya...abuse_smtp.html for more information. Please check the message and try again.

When I click on OK, I then get the following:

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again or contact your network administrator

I then tried sending a very short email (the message was simply "Test") to my second email address, and it sent successfully. I then tried copying the longer message from a received email into a new Write email and sending it, and again the sent failed with the same two error messages above.

HELP

Advertisements

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't.

There were 100+ postings on Mozilla's forum on this issue. However, somebody did something, because, all is working correctly again.

Consider this thread closed.

js