Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pinter Help Please

• Please log in to reply

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
When trying to print from my printer, i can hear the machine makes some noise, but it can't pick up the paper. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Check if the motor that brings the paper up is working, see if something (a paper clip, peice of paper, marble, nail, etc.) is hindering one of the movable peices of the printer that are used in the printing operation, if you cant see that any of those things are wrong, check with the manufacturer, he/she will have you do the same things, then if they cant fix it over the phone they might send u a new printer. :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
This will depend a bit of what printer you have, but you may have to get down to eye level with the paper tray & shine a torch in to see whats going on.
Its possible that the paper pickup mechanism isn't working at all, even though the motor appears to be doing something. It's also possible, like ssone said that something is jammed inside it.

(I had this exact same problem with my HP 970cxi 2 weeks ago, it turned out their was an entire booklet from inside the case of a music CD jammed at the back. The weird thing was, it had obviously been there ever since I bought the printer secondhand months earlier cuz it for an album I don't even own!).

If you can't see anthing jamming it, then you may just need to clean the pickup mechanism. What sort of printer is it?

ong2lua

ong2lua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thank you very much for all your help Ssone and Samm. My printer is back to normal. Thanks a million...

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
cool :tazz:

welcome. n e time ;)