Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will this power supply work for this gfx card?

• Please log in to reply

Usnaucoin

Usnaucoin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am doing research, and the graphics card i bought (BFG Technologies NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ BFGR981024GTXPOCE) needs a 475w power supply, with a 12v rating of 26A or more according to newegg, and can't figure out this 12v rating thing, so I was wondering if someone can tell me if a Dynex 520W WATT ATX CPU Power Supply will cut it.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi Usnaucoin and :welcome:

You are wise to be concerned with power! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, Dynex, a Best Buy "house brand" does not do a good job of publishing their specifications.

I suspect that supply is adequate - but just barely and that would also depend on what else that PSU is powering (number of RAM sticks, drives, CPU, etc.).

If me, I would want to feed my new hardware good, clean, stable food and I would buy a new PSU from a reputable makers. I like Corsair and Antec. And I would get in the neighborhood of 600 - 650W or larger and I would make use it is 80 Plus certified. There's also a good chance that Dynex does not have all the necessary power connections for the new card. A new PSU most likely will.