Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mini Display port Question

• Please log in to reply

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok, maybe i've been in a coma for the past 4 years. But we got the new Dell XPS 17s that is currently on their site as i type, they come with mini display port out puts.
Now here's the thing. Just what in the heck is the difference between that connector and the mini dvi connecter, because they both look the [bleep] same.

Also we've been trying to get it to connect to a NEC projector using an apple ( to my believe) mini to VGA dongle. But it isn't working, yet i've been on dell forums where people have used apple adapters and it worked fine.

But when i go over to dell's website they sell Mini display port to VGA adapters and they look the same.

Is there a difference between the adapters, and can anyone give me ideas as to why we can't get this thing to display because the settings look fine.

Advertisements

randomkaoz

randomkaoz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
LOL never mind this question this fool at my job as been calling the mini display port adapter mini DVI this whole time having us think thats what it was called.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the follow up :thumbsup:
Was it a mini HDMI port.