Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinToFlash

• Please log in to reply

WishBone

WishBone

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello,

I am in need of advice on how to do this. I need to reformat a laptop or a notebook for a friend. I won't explain too much but I am left with the option of formatting using a Flash Drive. Although I have formatted lots of drives before, I have never done one via Flash Drive.

I Googled around and found a YouTube video showing how easy this is. The video showed a program called WinToFlash. I need info if this is effective and will there be any side effects?

If this program isn't as reliable as formatting with my CD installation of Windows, can I get any suggestions how?

Advertisements

NKGuy

NKGuy

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Personally I have never used this program. But I have installed Windows and Linux Operating systems many times with USB Flash drives. And they are basically the same thing if not faster and more efficient. I might be able to help you if you can tell me what version of Windows you are planning to install?

WishBone

WishBone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm installing XP. But I wouldn't mind learning how to do it with Win7 too.