Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD on Window 7

• Please log in to reply

Leon Lum

Leon Lum

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have encountered BSOD many times with different errors showing. I then purchased a new hard disk as I am unable to resolve the issue on my own.

With the new hard disk, I am still facing BSOD which shows me tcpip.sys so I would like to know if this malfunction can be resolve?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The first thing to do is update your network drivers. It's better to use the manufacturer's drivers instead of windows generic drivers for this.

If that does NOT help, the next step is to download bluescreenview and see if you can see where the problem starts.

http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html

Blue screen view will let you see the mini-dump files to see where it goes.

We need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

SRX660

Leon Lum

Leon Lum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi SRX660, thanks for your assistance.

I have updated my network adapter. The file in minidump is attached.

Attached Files

Leon Lum

Leon Lum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I've encounter yet another BSOD on my PC. It says CDD.DLL is the error.

Please help!

Attached Files