Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with LInksys WRT54GS router

• Please log in to reply

L.E.it

L.E.it

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So just today, I found out that my router no longer emits it's wireless signal or the signal is extremely weak even when i'm less than a foot away from it.
Problems so far:
the address 192.168.1.1 does not open the router's menu, instead I get " could not connect to 192.168.1.1"
I tried resetting the router by unplugging it for 10-30 seconds and even longer, still the same problem persists.
I've tried pressing the reset button for 10-30 seconds and the router still doesn't allow wireless connectivity or access to the menu.
The router will work while connected hardwired, but I can't access the menu nor the wireless doesn't work.

when I did the command prompt for ipconfig, the Default Gateway is not the same as the router's address 192.168.1.1, instead it's a 76.xxx.xxx.1 number.

Could anyone help resolve this issue or maybe my router doesn't work properly anymore.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model number of the router?

If you are connected via Ethernet you still can't access the routers setup pages?