Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

open with- virus!

• Please log in to reply

nbarrios

nbarrios

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ugh!! im so tired of my laptop. i cant do anything on it. every time i want to open a program the "open with" window pops up asking what i want to open my program with. I cant open my yahoo messenger because it only lets me open programs with adobe flash or notepad. which i cannot open everything with that. i manage to open the internet only because it is one of my options for the "open with" window. help! if i dnt fix it im just going to reboot my laptop :((

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See here: Restore Default Windows 7 File Extension Type Associations

Start with the fix for .exe. That should resolve the problem.

Cotutor

Cotutor

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
nbarrios,
I'm afraid you won't get a lot of the right help in this particular forum. You have posted in the operating system forum and it really sounds like you need to start in the malware forum.
Only trained staff can help you with these sorts of problems, so check out this link and I'm sure you will get the help you need.

nbarrios

nbarrios

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok i will try it

nbarrios

nbarrios

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so what do i do first? change forums ?

nbarrios

nbarrios

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i downloaded the exe default and have it on my icon. Now what?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Follow the directions at the same link you downloaded the exe fix from, under Here's How: