Welcome to Geeks To Go
. I am Jack&Jill
, and I will be helping you out.
Before we go further, there are a few things that I would like to make clear so that we are share the same understanding.
- Any advice is for your computer only and is taken at your own risk. Fixes sometimes will cause unexpected results, but I will do my best to assist you.
- Please read the instructions carefully and follow them closely, in the order they are presented to you.
- If you have any doubts or problems during the fix, please stop and ask.
- All the tools that I will ask you to download and use are safe. Please allow if prompted by any of your security softwares.
- Do not use or run any malware cleaning tools without supervision as they may cause more harm if improperly used.
- Refrain from installing any new programs except those that I request during the fix to prevent interference to my diagnosis of the problem.
- Lack of malware symptoms does not mean your computer is clean. Stick to this topic until I give the All Clear.
- If you do not reply within 3 days, this topic will be closed.
If you are agreeable to the above, then everything should go smoothly
. We may begin.
Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this, click Watch Topic
near the top of the page, then select Immediate Notification
. Click on Proceed
Please download DDS
from one of the links below and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2Link 3Please disable any script blocker before running DDS.
- Double click on the dds file and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after, two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you to save and post the logs.
- Save the logs to a convenient location such as your desktop.
- Copy the contents of both logs and post them in your next reply.
Please download aswMBR
and save it to your desktop. Click here.
- Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.
- If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.
- Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.
- When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.
- Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.
Please post back:
1. the DDS logs (DDS.txt and Attach.txt)
2. aswMBR log