Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Long beep

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I was given an Acer travelmate 2303. I put the charger in and when the windows logo come up I get a long beep that doesn't stop. I would like to open up the laptop and see if it is the fan or if it just dirty. Anyone know a site that I could look at on how to open it up safely.

thanks
ginnyjoe

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
acer travelmate 2300: How to open a Acer Travelmate - This site (with a video) may help you

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Thank you that really helped. I don't think it is the fan. This is a loud shreak sound. Anyone have any ideas.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
May be the memory. If it has two modules, remove one and see what happens. If still the same beep, swap the memory.

If only one then you can try picking up a replacement and see if that fixes it, or take it to a computer repair shop and let them check it out.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I finally was able to format and it is fine now. Have no idea what it was but so far so good.
Thanks
ginnyjoe

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Glad your up and running. Good luck.