Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer issue, No video, auto restarts

• Please log in to reply

JayReg

JayReg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there.

I have a computer I built a while back with the following specs

Lan Party T48 Motherboard, Intel 6600 processor, ATI 4870 Graphics card, Soundblaster Sound Card, Western Digital 500GB HD. 8GB G.Skill RAM. Its running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I run AVG Free Anti Virus and Malwarebytes pro

Totay I was playing an online game When I noticed that some of the sounds were not working. I didn't think anything of it and a bit later I noticed No sounds were working. I tried to press ESC to minimize it and restore sound but the computer froze. I waited a bit then Held the power button to do a hard reboot. the system powered up but the monitor didn't show anything. Then 15 seconds later the PC powers off by itself and then repowers back on. Now it sits powered on but no video is being output.

I read somewhere that it could be a powersupply issue but I have no way of knowing what to try to fix. any help with this issue would be appreciated.

JaReg

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Jay Reg.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :thumbsup:
:ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Have you tried a different monitor to make sure if it is the video or not?
Is your video onboard or a add on card?
If add on card have you tried reseating the card to see if that will work?

JayReg

JayReg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here's an update on how things are going so far. After talking with some people i removed the HD, Ram, and CD drives and booted up. I didn't get any beeps which apparently is bad. Im thinking maybe its a power supply issue at this point?

The computer still powers on, then powers off a dozen seconds later, then power on a dozen seconds later and stays on until I turn it off, all without beeping or showing the BIOS screen on the monitor.

The video card is add on by the way.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you have another PSU to switch out and try?
It only has to power the motherboard, cpu and video to work.
Also what is the make and model of the PSU?