Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO Burning Software will work with my drive

• Please log in to reply

AboveAverage484

AboveAverage484

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

I will attempt to be as detailed as possible with my problem, so bear with me.

My old DVD/CD burner recently became unable to read DVD's. It could still burn them, but 9/10 times it was unable to recognize DVD's, especially burned ones. I purchased a new drive with SATA hookups and used a converter card to make it compatible with the old IDE hookups on my computer.

The new device read discs fine, but during the "ripping" process, my computer would cut off. I assumed it was a power supply problem, so I replaced my old 250v power supply with a 500v. The device now rips fine but every time I attempt to burn (with THREE different burning programs, no less) it freezes before I even start to burn. The green lite on the device will slowly blink and I am not allowed to eject it. Several times I was able to cancel the program but if I am too slow, the entire system will freeze and I will need to do a manual restart.

I replaced the new drive with the old one (because as I stated before, it could still burn) but the same problem now arises with that one, leading me to believe the new drive is not defective.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated, as I have been trying for hours to get this to work and it has been very frustrating.

Thanks

Advertisements