Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Short popups of blank windows?

• Please log in to reply

sunet.dk

sunet.dk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know i'm not supposed to do this, but this is a supplemental to the "Short popups of blank windows?" added by Flipperbw:

http://www.geekstogo...ws_-t28442.html

I am expiring the same problem with short empty popup windows that appears in the taskbar and disappers again within a second. They appears exactly every 15 min.

Flipperbw was suggesting that it was his new HP printersoftware that gives the problem. My popups has also started after after installing software for HP PSC 1317 printer. I have managed to take a photo with my digital camera (yes it took me a couple of tries), when the popup occured, and i have attached it HPIM1327.JPG .

This shows that it is the HPTSKMGR.exe which executes when the popup appears. I have removed the HP Photo imaging Software, but I still get the empty popups. I didn't remove the "HP PSC & OfficeJet 3.5" and "HP Software Update" because I would like my printer still to work.

Maybe it's the "HP Software Update" program?

Maybe one of you GeekstoGo staff will put a link on flipperbw's topic to this.

Advertisements