Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEEDING HELP WITH MY SOUND , IF ANYONE COULD HELP ?

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Get them all that correspond with the entries with the yellow exclamation marks.

Advertisements

Lilsmokey

Lilsmokey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I Tried It Just After I Downloaded It I Was Just About To Install It And It Came Up With This ... ???? : Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK first thing I would like you to do is get this driver Intel-Driver R114079.EXE (1MB) which is under the Chipset section.

Lilsmokey

Lilsmokey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Can't Find That I Can Only Find The Intel Mobile Chipset One Of This,

Edited by Lilsmokey, 04 April 2012 - 08:07 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Whats the device manager look like now?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try the mobility one also.

Lilsmokey

Lilsmokey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
May I Ask What Does This Intel Mobile Chipset Do Or Change? + What To Do After That ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The chipset driver is the main driver for the motherboard and allows the other chipset like, sound, video and wireless to be identified correctly. It is always the first driver you want to install when you see all the types of yellow exclamation marks you are showing in your Device Manager.

Lilsmokey

Lilsmokey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I Downloaded It Installed It.
Restarted My Laptop And Nothings Changed...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
All the same marks in Device Manager?

Advertisements

Lilsmokey

Lilsmokey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yuppp, any more suggestions ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say since nothing is working then your issue has to do with either a faulty motherboard, faulty installation of your OS, drivers installed incorrectly, onboard integrated not enabled in bios, wrong drivers installed or some part of this issue still has not been explained.
This is a laptop so everything is onboard.
Everything will be integrated so I don't know why it is not in the bios as you stated.
Through this whole topic you have not stated if the sound or any of the other entries in the device manager has ever been right. Did you recently reload your OS and if so what disk did you use? When did this issue originally start and under what circumstances?
Something is just not right with all this and steps are not making sense to why certain points are not in line.
How old is the laptop?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 17 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.