Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting laptop to TV

• Please log in to reply

Fruit Gum

Fruit Gum

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to connect my ibuddie A900 laptop to my TV using the TV-out (S-Video) connection built in the laptop. I riled through the forum topics but can't seem to find anything similar.

When I connect to the TV and switch on, I get the initial Windows loading screen (on the TV, not on the laptop screen) but the moment it gets to the user log-in, the signal disappears from the TV and reverts back to the laptop.

It's not really a big life-threatening problem but would be much appreciated as to any suggestions on what the problem could be and any possible solution?

Thanks very very much for your help!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sounds like the driver does not support that function, which doesn't really make sense.....have you updated the driver?

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
You have to go into your video properties and turn the s-video/tv on for the driver to use it

Posted Image

If the tv is connected to the s-video out it will be highlighted

Fruit Gum

Fruit Gum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi

I updated the drivers for the laptop (SiS 630) but still no luck.

The video properties didn't have a function to switch the s-video/tv on.

Thought it might have been a BIOS thing so had a look and though there were options regarding the TV output (NTSC or PAL), alterations to this didn't make any difference.

It's OK if there's no solution to this, it really was more of a curiosity 'nice-to-have' query rather than a necessity 'must-have'!

Thanks for your help.