Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow boot,cd stopped working,firefox stopped working etc

• Please log in to reply

michman

michman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I should have it later this week and will try this Thanks

Advertisements

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
Fine with me.

michman

michman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok back at it-thanks by the way for your help. type in this string and it said"no matching files were found" just continue? del C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\xpsec.sys

michman

michman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i am currently looking at c:\windows\system32\drivers I don't see either of these files

michman

michman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Just to add to all this-I typed in fixmbr and got an error saying this computer appears to have an invalid or non standard boot record. fixmbr may damage your partition tables if you proceed.
this could cause all the partitions on the current hard disk to become inaccessible.
are you sure you want to write a new mbr? I answered no

michman

michman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ran fixmbr it still boots slow BUT it did not lock up.

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
So you have access to Windows (your desktop) again?

Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

Posted Image
  • Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.

Posted Image
  • Click the Start Scan button.

Posted Image
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Posted Image
  • Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the codebox below into it:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\xpsec.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\xcpip.sys

Driver::
xpsec
xcpip

KillAll::

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe

Posted Image

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.