Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ViewSonic Monitor Power Up Problem

• Please log in to reply

austom

austom

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys,

My Brother has recently come to me with an issue with his ViewSonic-vx2235 Monitor
When we boot up his machine the system is fine, it boots and we hear the log in and we've tested it on three pc's so it's definitely the Monitor itself.

Heres the Prob,

We have to leave it on for about 10-30 minutes then repeatedly turn it on and off many many times until we begin to see the wallpaper only just, then from then on every time we turn it on and off again it shows the desktop more and more clearly but still goes black after a second until it finally stays on.

Is there a way to repair this? Or to get someone to repair it? Would like to save this monitor.

Additional notes: It's roughly 4 years old, It has been well taken care of and never modified, Different cables and wall sockets have been tried

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi austom,

Your best bet is to take it in for repair to a local shop.

Joe

Edited by zep516, 07 April 2012 - 08:32 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I concur with Joe as repairing screens is a task best left to a qualified tech with the appropriate test equipment.
The issue may be caused by a bad power switch/board or the screen lamp and repairing/replacing either is beyond the average user and can also be dangerous.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
It could be a power supply problem or perhaps a logic board, but most likely you would end up paying more money to repair it than it is worth and perhaps more than you can buy a new monitor for. Sad, but many items are disposable today. The part costs, if even available, and the labor costs will tend to exceed the cost of a new monitor, plus you would not have much of a warranty even if you fixed it.

If it has an external power supply, you could try another one, if you have another one.

austom

austom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks everyone, I'll try to get a quote if its too expensive i'll just purchase another.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Good luck with it.