Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just checking

• Please log in to reply

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks i am trying to make it as easy for your guys to get to it as possible

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

also the computer has 36 important updates need and 23 optional ones needed do i need to install those now or wait?

Do these first as they may contain some of the ones Drivermax is identifying also. When done then rerun drivermax and see what it finds then.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I already did 2 of the drivers with drivermax. Im installing all the updates now. Ill run drivermax after to see if anything changes.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK no problem. Hopefully after all the drivers update things will run a little better.
I may get one of the other techs who know how to write a batch to search for speed boost in the registry and see if they can get rid of it that way.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OK so after I started to do the optional updates this popped up I told it to close the program. Now my IE is acting up it keeps freezing when I bring it up.

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm trying to find what HP MediaSmart is so I can understand if it is a needed service with the system. I did find it can be stopped through the msconfig startup area.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I also have a blue box that appears every once in a while that says " For best picture quality change your screen resolution to 1680x1050". When I right click and go to personalize then go to the display settings the resolution doesn't even go to 1680x1050 the highest it goes is 1440x900. I'm not sure on how to change it to 1680x1050 or if that might be one of the drivers that need to be installed. Also before the computer restarted after installing the last 21 updates a error appeared for CA. I uninstalled it through the Programs and Features in the control panel. Im attaching a picture of what the error code said.

Attached Thumbnails

• screen1.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I'm not sure on how to change it to 1680x1050 or if that might be one of the drivers that need to be installed

Yep video driver for this one.

I uninstalled it through the Programs and Features in the control panel. Im attaching a picture of what the error code said.

Are you meaning the Add\Remove Programs?
If so then hopefully it should be gone and the error won't show up again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Work with Driver Max and make sure the video is the first driver you download and install.
After that work on the network driver.
This should take care of most of the issues.
Tomorrow you will be able to egt 2 more of the updates.
I will check in the morning for your results for those two drivers and instruct further if need be. :thumbsup:

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yes the add and remove programs but on vista its called programs and features. I uninstalled it before that error code popped up so I'm not sure if I fully uninstalled it.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It may still be in the startups so check there next.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I went into msconfig and found where it says comcastantispyclient is and I deleted it I also ran the uninstall that was in the folder. When I go back to msconfig I still see it like it still hasn't deleted it.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OK well drivermax allowed me to install the driver for the computer monitor. I can now change the resolution to 1600x900 its better but its not 1680x1050. I can't install any more drivers today so I will have to do more tomorrow. Also just an update now when I restart the computer MSE is automatically on now where as before I had to manually turn it on. So we got that problem fixed. I'm going to go to bed i will be back on tomorrow Thanks for all the help so far. Can't wait to have this fixed.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
So as not to muddy the waters so to speak I will only pitch in if rshaffer61 is offline and i can help with a question or a suggestion.

Just a FYI the program detailed below is deemed adware by some as it installs automatic software updates without you knowing + I have also read that it gathers and reports information about your system;
WildTangent Games App (HP Games) (4.0.5.14) WildTangent 6/22/11

Please see http://www.mywot.com...wildtangent.com

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We're making head way for sure. CA can sit in the msconfig startup as long as it is not checked to start it won't cause any problems.
MSE auto starting is great news so that issue is resolved.
Wild Tangent is a pain in the rear and I agree the uninstall of it I would advice.
The resolution issue still may be resolved if there are any updates for the video card in DriverMax.