Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flashblock in Firefox causes videos to crash

• Please log in to reply

JayAaroBe

JayAaroBe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My problem started occurring fairly recently.

I have windows 7. I have done a clean install twice and still have the same problem. The latest version of Firefox and the latest version of Flashblock. Nothing else. If I try to watch a flash video on a site such as YouTube, Firefox freezes up and the only way to get a response is to go to the task manager and end the process "plugin container..." This causes Firefox to unfreeze, but the page with the video has in place of the video a Firefox error message/icon saying that the plugin has crashed. If I disable or uninstall Flashblock, the problem goes away and I can watch videos with no problem.

I have tried the same thing with Google Chrome and Flashblock and experienced no problem, so it is only with Firefox and Flashblock.

I would like to be able to use Flashblock with Firefox. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisements

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Hi JayAaroBe and :welcome:

Please click here: Flash Player - Find version

Let me know about your version and take a look is it up-to-date or not. Everything you need is there.