Thank You, Donald Baker
Virus take over of my computer, waves of sys message-write fault error
Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:21 AM
Thank You, Donald Baker
Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:22 AM
In the future, please don't post two topics because it can waste the time of our volunteers if someone is already helping you.
I'm Nedklaw and I'll be glad to help you with your malware issues.
I am currently still in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert so please expect a delay between my posts.
These instructions are specifically designed for Donbake only. No one else should follow these instructions because it can cause serious damage to your computer.
Before we start to clean your computer of malware, please read through the following points to help me and you, and prevent damage to your computer:
- Please completely read through all of the instructions given to you before attempting to follow them. Reading too lightly will cause you to miss important steps, which could have DESTRUCTIVE effects. If you can't perform a certain step or you are unsure about what to do, let me know!
- Don't be afraid to ask questions! If you are unsure about anything, ask me! No question is considered stupid here!
- Be patient with me, logs can take some time to research and my life can mean that I'm busy.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your reply. Do not attach logs to a post unless I tell you to or if they don't fit in the post.
- If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
- NEVER fix anything in OTL or other programs on your own! This can be very dangerous and cause harm to your system.
- Refrain from running any other tools apart from the ones I tell you to.
If you can't perform the following instructions in Normal Mode then try Safe Mode by continuously pressing F8 as the computer boots up.
Download OTL to your Desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select Scan All Users.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:
netsvcs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start consrv.dll explorer.exe winlogon.exe userinit.exe svchost.exe /md5stop C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\U\*.* /s %Temp%\smtmp\1\*.* %Temp%\smtmp\2\*.* %Temp%\smtmp\3\*.* %Temp%\smtmp\4\*.* >C:\commands.txt echo list vol /raw /hide /c /wait >C:\DiskReport.txt diskpart /s C:\commands.txt /raw /hide /c /wait type c:\diskreport.txt /c /wait erase c:\commands.txt /hide /c /wait erase c:\diskreport.txt /hide /c CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic.
Download aswMBR.exe (4.5MB) to your desktop.
Double click aswMBR.exe to run it.
Click the "Scan" button to start the scan.
If Avast asks to download definitions, please say Yes.
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
Things I want to see in your next reply
Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users