I must be honest and say I had forgotten the details of this topic and was going from memory and 2 May is a long time ago, with all I have worked on since.
Did you explore this on the link I sent upgrade to 7 on HPTouchSmart 2.0 software
for IQ500 and IQ800 Series computers does not work correctly. Update to TouchSmart 3.0 or greater by downloading all of the available Software Solution updates from www.hp.com/support
. Install them in the order that follows.
The following versions (or later) of the various TouchSmart applications are compatible with Windows 7:
HP Touch Configuration Service
- HP TouchSmart Application Update 18.104.22.168 (must be installed first!)
- HP TouchSmart Webcam 22.214.171.1243 (requires certain Webcams)
- HP TouchSmart Calendar 3.0.3476.32189
- HP TouchSmart Notes 3.1.3462.28879
- HP TouchSmart RSS 3.0.0006
- HP TouchSmart Browser 3.00.0008
- HP TouchSmart Music/Photo/Video 126.96.36.19928
- HP TouchSmart LiveTV 3.00.1924 (requires certain TV tuners)
- Hulu Desktop 0.9.10 (United States only)
- HP TouchSmart Netflix 188.8.131.52
- HP TouchSmart Clock 3.0.3572.25998
- HP TouchSmart Weather 3.00.0001
and HP TouchSmart Touch Optimizer
are only needed in Windows Vista. You can uninstall these two software programs from Programs and Features in Windows 7 Control Panel.
If that is NOT for your exact model of HP I am sure you will find it on ther HP site