Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Touchsmart IQ525UK touchscreen error code

• Please log in to reply

jbbo

jbbo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

Due to a HDD failure on my Touchsmart unit, I bought a replacement and installed Win7 Pro (non HP version). I have all HP software downloaded and installed from the HP driver support page but I can't get the touchscreen to work. After running PC Doctor I get the below result.

Screen Health Test shows Error Message: The touch screen is not functioning properly: Failed (Error code: MN501-10W)

Anyone have and idea of what the code means? Thx in advance ;-)

Note: All latest HP drivers are install as well as NextWindow driver for the touchscreen.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

I think that computer was supplied with Windows Vista.

The recovery partition ot the HP and the reinstallation disc included the drivers for the TouchSmart.

I am not certain if you will be able to get it working.

I think this is your starting point, but the difficulty will be finding the drivers for 7 for the touchsmart for that computer

http://h30434.www3.h...-64/td-p/186289

NOTE I am not suggesting that is correct page - FOR YOU

Also see this
http://h10025.www1.h...n&cc=us&lang=en

and this
http://h10025.www1.h...=reg_r1002_usen

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
jbbo

It is now some 6 days since you joined Geesk to Go and asked for advice.

Advice was offered the same day, but you have not yet replied

Would you please do so

Thanks

jbbo

jbbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I've been away working and forgot to check replies.
Your suggestions I had already tried - no joy :-(

I have come to the conclusion that the issue must lie with the leds used for the touchscreen or the screen itself but I am open to any more suggestions you may have :-)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Unfortunately I have no further suggestions.

Thanks for posting back

I do not know if anyone else will come in and offer as suggestion but from those links I sent you the problem seems generally to be, one for which NO ONE has found the answer.
Basically as far as I can see, it is the driverss for the Touchsmart aspect that will not work with 7 and there, are as far as I could find one for that computer which orignally had Vista

jbbo

jbbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Will have to call Miss Marple to solve it LOL

jbbo

jbbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Oh forgot to mention I installed a Vista OS to see if this solved the issue i.e. using the correct driver and still no joy.

I am stumped :confused:

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I must be honest and say I had forgotten the details of this topic and was going from memory and 2 May is a long time ago, with all I have worked on since.

Did you explore this on the link I sent upgrade to 7 on HP
TouchSmart 2.0 software for IQ500 and IQ800 Series computers does not work correctly. Update to TouchSmart 3.0 or greater by downloading all of the available Software Solution updates from www.hp.com/support . Install them in the order that follows.

The following versions (or later) of the various TouchSmart applications are compatible with Windows 7:
  • HP TouchSmart Application Update 3.0.35.0 (must be installed first!)
  • HP TouchSmart Webcam 3.0.1.1903 (requires certain Webcams)
  • HP TouchSmart Calendar 3.0.3476.32189
  • HP TouchSmart Notes 3.1.3462.28879
  • HP TouchSmart RSS 3.0.0006
  • HP TouchSmart Browser 3.00.0008
  • HP TouchSmart Music/Photo/Video 3.0.2.3228
  • HP TouchSmart LiveTV 3.00.1924 (requires certain TV tuners)
  • Hulu Desktop 0.9.10 (United States only)
  • HP TouchSmart Netflix 1.0.29.0
  • HP TouchSmart Clock 3.0.3572.25998
  • HP TouchSmart Weather 3.00.0001

HP Touch Configuration Service and HP TouchSmart Touch Optimizer are only needed in Windows Vista. You can uninstall these two software programs from Programs and Features in Windows 7 Control Panel.

If that is NOT for your exact model of HP I am sure you will find it on ther HP site

jbbo

jbbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Tried the order of software already and also the new NextWindow driver. However with the new driver PC doctor doesnt even complete the Touchscreens check so.... I give up