snazzybackup 0.8.4 June 3, 2005
Snazzy Backup is a simple desktop application that allows the user to select files and folders to backup to a zip file. That's it. You can save your settings to a file, and load them of course. Snazzy Backup is now hosted on SourceForge.net
* You can choose any number of files or folders to backup
* Exclusion list, based on regular expression of file name, file size, creation/modification date as compared to relative to a set date, or relative to a specified file's modification date (this allows for incremental backups).
* You can pick your destination zip file with tokens in the name. This allows you to give the zip file's name today's date.
* You can specify the compression ratio
* You can specify the thread priority (background or cpu intensive)
* You can give it command line options, so you can run scheduled backups.
* You can pick hidden files and folders to back up.
* You can log all files and folder that were backed up
* It's got a cute little progress bar.
* It records the last backup file and date/time
* It is cross platform, if you don't mind running an executable Java jar file. It also comes with a very nice MS Windows installer.
* You will need Java installed, but you don't need to configure anything. Just download and run the installer. It will find it for you and will tell you if you don't have it, I think.