Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What to do about hacking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

trampas

trampas

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
** Please do not move this thread to the Malware Removal forum - thanks :) **

Hey all

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone on this site has got experience of being hacked. I can't believe it's that rare.

After a lot of observing I've discovered that when I log onto the internet via a 3G broadband modem my IP address is discovered very quickly by the hacker. Almost as soon as a legitimate outbound TCP connection is made by my PC I get an additional outbound connection to one of the hacker's PCs. I don't even have to open the browser.

If, at this stage, my PC is clean the hacker will transfer data to my PC which I can see using TCPView. After that I don't consider the PC to be trustworthy.

I won't go into all the details of what happens next but unless I block lots of outbound connections I cannot use the internet at all.

Does anyone have an explanation of how the initial hack could happen ? The only thing I can think is that there's a packet sniffer seeing my internet sessions. How else would my IP address and an open port number be known ?

Is the internet so insecure that having *just* that information a PC can be hacked ?

Should I be able to get my ISP to investigate ?

All help appreciated.

trampas

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
trampas

Only yesterday, you having raised the same issue in our Malware forum, on this link
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

you were advised by one of our Malware experts Gammo

If you are indeed being hacked (which I find very hard to accept), we can't help you at Geeks to Go.

the same answer still holds true.

We at Geeks to Go try very hard to assist with any problem. However there are some matters on which we cannot assist, and as explained this is one of them.

If you believe that the information available on your computer, is so useful to someone, that they have "hacked" into your system, then you should indeed consult your ISP and the provider of your modem/router, if not the same and discuss with them the additional security you require.

Also the answer provided above by Gammo, is to a large extent, the same answer provided by another Malware expert mailprog on this topic here
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/316181-word-macro-virus-help-advice-please/page__view__findpost__p__2147918__fromsearch__1

I am NOT a Malware advisor. I am not authorised to discuss the issues involved and have replied here, only so that you do not feel that your post has been overlooked.

Also and most importantly, I have closed the topic. I have done that, because it is a rule of this site that advice regarding Malware, and indeed if you ARE correct, a hack into your system is treated in that same regard, cannot be discussed in this forum.