Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Urgent Help Required! Double string macro to remove the 1st &

• Please log in to reply

Chrisbaberd87

Chrisbaberd87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

Help urgently required!

I need to amend about 3000 cells on on worksheet to remove the first part of the formula and also the last part of the formula!

I cant just amend it and drag it down as its pulling from 20 different tabs!!!!!

Because I will be removing the (())'s Excel's automatic formula checking keeps kicking in on the normal find and replace (with nothing) and trying to auto-fix it for me.

Is there a way to build a basic macro to remove the desired text from the beginning and end of a formula without it being interrupted by the Excel auto-correction which we have been unable to disable?

Each cell has different contend in the middle as it is an oracle based application to load data which each cells loads with different dimensions which are being pulled from all over the sheet.

The formula is posted below and the part I need to remove are highlighted in bold / Underlined!

=IF(G$5="CurFcstBudRate",IF('Fixed Assets'!G99=0,"",HsSetValue('Fixed Assets'!G99,$B$3,"Scenario#"&G$5&";Year#"&$B$5&";Period#"&G$6&";View#<Scenario View>;Entity#"&$B$2&";Value#<Entity Currency>;Account#"&$A100&";ICP#[ICP None];Custom1#"&$B100&";Custom2#[None];Custom3#[None];Custom4#BUManInput")),"")

Please help today if possible as we have a deadline pending!

Eternally Great-full!

Chris!

Edited by Chrisbaberd87, 04 May 2012 - 03:11 AM.

Advertisements