Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD, need help

• Please log in to reply

oatmeal12

oatmeal12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently started getting a BSOD but it is only when I print to my PDF printer from one certain program. which happens to be the one I need to print from. I have not changed hardware and just am not sure what is the problem. Tried re installing program as well. Attached is the dmp file. Please help don't really want to reinstall windows fresh. Thanks

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

1. No dump file attached.

2. Download this please, click the analyse tab, scroll down for the results and copy and paste them please as those results, not as a file which I have to open.
http://www.resplende...rashedSetup.exe

3.but it is only when I print to my PDF printer from one certain program

which program please

oatmeal12

oatmeal12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry took me so long to get back on this. Only crashes when printing from Microsoft Money but did work before. Here is the copied results

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 5/5/2012 3:40:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050512-13728-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC80)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF900C8800070, 0x0, 0xFFFFF960000AB49F, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 5/5/2012 3:40:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!EngFntCacheLookUp+0xE9C3)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF900C8800070, 0x0, 0xFFFFF960000AB49F, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
In Microsoft money, click File and open the print command

Then on setup ensure that the printer shown is the one you are using, presumably you are using the pdf printer to actually save the output as a pdf doc

What program are you using for this

This is the screen you want on the print - from File

[attachment=57722:untitled.JPG]

I would consider uninstalling and reinstalling the software that you are using for the PDF conversion.

You may find the following useful
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902465

and lots of people have had the same problem,
I use Money and have done since it was first released but I do not print to pdf, so I cannot provide help from personal experience of this issue
http://answers.micro...c1-e4bfe7a2b24c

I think the answer will be in the second link,depending on if you have also just installed IE9, but without knowing which pdf software and which version of Money you are using it is difficult to advise further.

Will it print a hard copy using your default printer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just a quick reference to possible reasons for the bug check code you are receiving. Macboatmaster will take it from this point now. :thumbsup:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
oatmeal12

You joined Geeks to Go on 6 May and asked for some help.
It is now some 20 days since that was offered to you, and I just wondered how you were progressing.